Leadership Midland v2.0 will consist of two years of instruction:
Meets one day a month, classes are usually the 2nd Thursday of each month*, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. September to May.
The Leadership Midland year one curriculum will focus on familiarizing students with the various agencies that provide services to our community. Site visits will help students become aware of the roles, challenges, and impact of both nonprofit organizations and government institutions that are purposed for increasing the quality of life. From hospital tours to key infrastructure facilities, Leadership Midland participants will get a first-hand look at how each of these entities operate and the relationship each has with the other.
Meets one day a month, classes are usually the 2nd Thursday of each month*, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. OR 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. September to May.
The second year of instruction offered to students will consist of 3 elements:
- Practical leadership training sessions
- Class project
- "Think Tank'-- a discussion of current issues facing our city. Experts on the subject matter will be a part of these conversations in order to provide a maximum amount of insight into key issues.
- Cost for Leadership Midland v2.0 will be $1000 per year, billed 1 year at a time.
- Tuition includes (during legislative years) trip to Austin during Chamber's Legislative Day's trip
- During non-legislative years, class members would receive an exclusive invitation to the Chamber's intercity visit. Attendance is optional; therefore cost is not included in tuition.
*subject to change