Completions Engineer - Rockies 00HK3
Completions Engineer - Rockies - 00HK3
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent upstream energy company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the company had operations in almost 30 countries and approximately 16,700 employees as of May 1, 2012, with 2011 average production of 1.62 million BOE per day and proved reserves of 8.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2011.
- Providing engineering and operations support for completions and/or work overs associated with ongoing development in COP’s Bakken field properties
- Designing detailed completions procedures, stimulation/hydraulic fracture design, perforating selection and design, packer and down hole tool design and specification, technical support of coiled tubing and well service rig activities, and overall completion optimization and delivery.
- Coordinating and monitoring activities of contract service providers. Provide functional guidance for procurement process for completion services.
- Supporting budgeting/AFE process, peer reviews, schedule completion and hydraulic fracturing activities, develop completion metrics and competitor benchmarking, post auditing, and after action reviews.
- Collaborate and coordinate work processes with MCBU and L48 drilling and completion organizations, multi-discipline asset team, and field operations staff.
- Complying with corporate safety and environmental requirements for all work activities.
- Monitor industry trends for new technology and improved methods in well completions and work over operations.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3+ years experience as an engineer in the Oil & Gas industry
- BS degree in Petroleum Engineering
- Down hole experience including work over, recompletion, remediation, and rig less operations
- Well developed communication skills (written and oral)
- Direct experience as an engineer in both completions and operations with specialties in:
- Well control Overall completion design and specification Well stimulation Completion fluids design Well flow
- analysis Completion/stimulation QA/QC Horizontal well completions and technology is a plus Field completion operations
- Work over and coiled tubing operations Wire line / slick line / E-line operations
- Highly developed interpersonal and team skills
- Innovative thinking, strong problem solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement, safety & environmental stewardship, and business ethics
- Working knowledge of other disciplines including reservoir, drilling, and facilities engineering
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 26, 2012.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer
Job Function: Engineering
Job Level: Individual Contributor/Staff Level
Primary Location: NORTH AMERICA-USA-TEXAS-MIDLAND
Organization: DRILLING AND COMPLETIONS L48
Line of Business: Exploration & Production
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2012, 2:10:22 PM