Event / Programs Coordinator
The Arts Council of Midland is seeking an Event / Program Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of ACM events and programs as well as acting as staff liaison to volunteer committees. This position will work with the Executive Director to continue to develop and implement events that add value to ACM membership while upholding ACM’s mission for the community of Midland.
Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in related areas, has experience working on multiple events and producing programs, and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties. Must possess the aptitude to work under constant pressure and time deadlines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create event and program proposals which fit ACM’s requirements and presenting proposals by the deadline
- Coordinate packets & books for ACM Trustees and Committee Volunteers
- Ensure Board Members are aware of ACM events, programs and services through timely communications
- Maintain current, accurate, and complete files on all events, programs and activities
- Maintain a working relationship with instructors, volunteers, vendors, and venues
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to committees and volunteers where necessary
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and contributing to financial reports
- Proofread documents as requested
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and volunteers, and organizing vendors
- Communicating with ACM team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events. Develop flyers, e-blasts and other design assets as needed
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Membership sales (All staff is responsible for membership support):
- Respond to phone/email inquiries for membership information
- Identify non-members and send an invitation to join
- Some evening, and weekend work hours required
- Other duties as assigned Language Skills
- Have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as contracts, maintenance instructions, and manuals.
- Have the ability to write reports and related correspondence.
- Have the ability to speak and effectively deal with groups, volunteers, customers, board members, and employees, as well as the general public.
- Other Skills and Abilities • Organization
- Event Planning Experience
- Team Management Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Strong Client-Facing Skills
- Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience
- Vendor and Entertainment Research, Initiative
- Degree in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred
- Ability to organize and implement a successful event
- Ability to reach financial goals on events
- Effective leadership abilities
- Timeliness and accuracy in the accomplishment of assigned task
- Contribution to overall goals of the organization
- The Events / Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt/salaried position.
- Usual work hours for this position are Tuesday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Saturdays from 2:00-5:00 pm
- PTO and 401k Retirement Plan
- Compensation is dependent upon experience
The Events / Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director
How To Apply
Send resume to email@example.com Attn: Danny Holeva, Executive Director