Supervises Warehouse Lead Worker and Warehouse Workers. Ensures the receiving, storage and restocking of product purchases from suppliers and other sources. Directs the filling, loading and checking of product orders for retail customers through the management of Warehouse Workers. Trains new Warehouse Lead Workers or Warehouse Workers and ensures understanding of organization and operation policies and service guidelines. Ensures proper inventory, receiving, storage and billing and filling of orders to retail customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the maintenance of accurate inventory through weekly inventory cycle counts and full physical inventories as directed.
- Supervises Warehouse Lead Workers or Warehouse Workers to ensure timely reports of products billed to retailers but not shipped to insure timely preparation of credit memos. Coaches, directs and counsels Warehouse Workers on overall performance. Defines productivity expectations and monitors progress regularly.
- Conducts meetings with Warehouse Lead Workers. Reports on building security, vehicle security, warehouse loading productivity driver efficiency and check-in procedures/control.
- Directs the replenishment of items/quantities sold daily.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for employee development and performance improvement requirements.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of warehouse/delivery personnel.
- May involve evening scheduling for night warehouse operations.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Participates in the On-line training course each quarter.
- Be able to cross-train in other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
- Demonstrated high level proficiency of oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience.
- 3 years as Warehouse Worker with alcoholic beverages or wholesale grocery products.
- Previous experience leading, directing and coaching others.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with State laws.
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25lbs
“Glazer’s Beer and Beverage provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.”
Please note that job application deadlines will vary by position. The ability to enter and submit an application in Ultipro will not guarantee that the position is still open and that your application will be reviewed and considered. If you have questions regarding a specific job application deadline, please email email@example.com (for internal candidates – contact the hiring manager).