Over sees the entire delivery department which includes drivers, helpers and driver check in personnel. Responsible for ensuring all drivers meet DOT and CMV criteria. Train new drivers so they understand Glazer’s policies for delivering to our customers. In charge of the complete delivery fleet’s maintenance program.
- Train new Drivers and Driver helpers on Glazer’s delivery policies.
- Conduct monthly safety training meetings.
- Make sure all drivers have their current and updated DOT/CMV/Medical Card certifications and licenses at times.
- Responsible for immediate reporting to branch, state and GO personnel any accidents/injuries.
- Over sees the daily routing of the delivery fleet.
- Over sees the daily maintenance of the Road net routing system.
- Schedules all department personnel’s vacations and time off request.
- Responsible for the recruiting and hiring of all Drivers and Driver Helpers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key skills and competencies:
- Strong communication skills – Verbal, Written and Presentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Platforms – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email Software
- Strong leadership and management skills in directing and coaching others.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two – Three years of experience as a Transportation Manager or Truck Dispatcher.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Extensive DOT Safety Training
- Must be able to drive a delivery vehicle up to 10 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift between 40-50lbs for an extended period of time.
“Glazer’s Beer and Beverage provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.”
Please note that job application deadlines will vary by position. The ability to enter and submit an application in Ultipro will not guarantee that the position is still open and that your application will be reviewed and considered. If you have questions regarding a specific job application deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (for internal candidates – contact the hiring manager).