Leadership Midland consists of two years of instruction:
- YEAR ONE
Meets one day a month, classes are usually the second Thursday of each month*, from 10 AM to 5 PM September to May.
The Leadership Midland year one curriculum focuses on familiarizing students with the various agencies that provide services to our community. Site visits help students become aware of the roles, challenges, and impact of both nonprofit organizations and government institutions that are purposed for increasing the quality of life. From hospital tours to key infrastructure facilities, Leadership Midland participants get a first-hand look at how each of these entities operates and the relationship each has with the other.
- YEAR TWO
Meets one day a month, classes are usually the second Thursday of each month*, from 9 AM - 12:30 PM September to May.
The second year of instruction offered to students consists of 4 elements:
- Current community issues-- a discussion of timely, relevant concerns within our city. Experts on the subject matter are part of these conversations in order to provide a maximum amount of insight into key issues.
- Team Building exercises
- Leadership Book study
- Practical leadership training sessions
- Cost: $1000/year, billed annually
- During legislative years, tuition includes a trip to Austin during Chamber's Legislative Day's trip
- During non-legislative years, class members receive an exclusive invitation to the Chamber's intercity visit. Attendance is optional; therefore, cost is not included in tuition.
*subject to change
- YEAR ONE